Blessed John and Blessed Peter gave themselves with great zeal to the
study of theology and to the ministry of preaching.
John and Peter were cousins who made their profession in the monastery
of Saint Augustine in Fabriano (Ancona), Italy.
John, who had previously been a professor in Rimini, became a bachelor
of theology in 1385 and, according to Prior General Bartholomew of Venice,
was “commended by his reputation for knowledge and his way of life.”
In that same year he was assigned to study at Oxford, England, where he
obtained the degree of master of theology. Shortly after his return to Italy
in 1391 he was named director of the Augustinian house of studies in Perugia.
The last documentary evidence of his life is a letter written to him by
the prior general on 7 May 1420.
In 1385 Peter was studying in Padua for the degree of lector. In 1388
he was a professor in the Augustinian house of studies at Rimini, where
the prior general appointed him as visitator to investigate a complaint
that had been received concerning this house. He was then professor in Venice
and from there in 1393, because of his great devotion to the Lord’s
passion, went on pilgrimage to the Lord’s sepulcher in the Holy Land.
The last known date of his life is 20 February 1421, when the prior general
wrote him a letter which is found in the Registers of the priors general.
Both John and Peter died at Fabriano and their mortal remains are exposed
for the public veneration of the faithful in the church of Saint Augustine.
Their memory is celebrated by the Augustinian Family on 2 July.